Monday, November 21, 2011

lunch ladies

I love when people ask, "Are you enjoying staying home?"

Is the sky blue? Are poopy diapers stinky? Do I love bean and cheese tacos?

OF COURSE!!!

Loving NOT waking up at 5:30.
Not missing getting to talk to babies in the mornings.
Not having to write those $300 a week checks to daycare.
Not coordinating who was going to drop off the kids when David was out of town.
Not feeling like an hourglass was draining away each evening from 5:00-8:00 bedtime.
Not ever staying up past 10 on a "school night".

We are having a lot of home staying home. Mostly wearing only diapers. (Them, not me.) Playing outside, watching some Dora, or taking a good nap. Laughing. Making tunnels. Throwing around balloons. Sandbox fun.





















This is my favorite time of the day, though. We crank up music. Dance around in the kitchen while I make lunch. And two little girls gobble up everything I put on their plates. We laugh and chow down. Together. I love, love, LOVE it.


On this particular day, lunch was chicken taquitos, cheese dip, peas and carrots, jello and grapes. And a little Billie Jean was playing in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment